Idaho Department of Fish and Game Commission on June 6 set the Chinook fishing seasons on the South Fork of the Salmon, Upper Salmon and Lochsa rivers to open June 23.
Upper Salmon River, South Fork of the Salmon River and Lochsa River seasons and rules include:
• Opening date June 23, closing date as ordered by director of Fish and Game.
• Fishing open seven days per week.
• Bag limits for South Fork of Salmon and Upper Salmon, four per day, of which only two may be adults, and 12 in possession of which six may be adults.
• Bag limits for Lochsa River, four per day, of which only one may be an adult, and 12 in possession of which only three may be adults.
• Anglers may retain Chinook salmon with an intact adipose fin from the Lochsa River.
Fisheries managers are watching returning Chinook cross Bonneville Dam on the Columbia River and find that unlike the spring fish that returned late, the summer run appears to running on time.