Wayne and Ruthie Johnson
Wayne and Ruthie Johnson are celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary on June 27, 2018.
They were married on June 27, 1943, in Austin, Texas. Wayne was recovering from a plane crash while he was serving in the Naval Air Corps.
Dale and Phyllis Holte
Dale and Phyllis (Gunlock) Holte will be celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary on June 27, 2018.
They were married in 1948 at the Lutheran parsonage in Noonan, N.D.
The early years of their marriage were spent in North Dakota, California and Montana. They moved to Coeur d’Alene in 1956 and have lived in Hayden since 1958. Dale retired from the Idaho Transportation Department and Phyllis retired from Claire Pendar. They spent many winters in Mesa, Ariz. They are charter members of Christ the King Lutheran Church in Coeur d’Alene.
Their children are Ron Holte (deceased), Sherlene (Ron) Mendive, Randy (Jane) Holte, Kim (Dianna) Holte and Rod (deceased) (Cindy) Holte. They have 12 grandchildren and 27 great-grandchildren with one more on the way this winter.
They will be celebrating with a family gathering at their son, Randy’s home, on June 16.
Bob and Marilyn Weaver
Bob and Marilyn Weaver are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this month.
Sharon and Joe Culbreth
On June 15, 1963 (55 years ago), Joe and Sharon Culbreth were married in Las Vegas, Nev.
Sharon and Joe met in California in the computer room at Rocketdyne. Joe had just got out of the Marine Corps, and instead of returning to North Carolina, he chose to stay in California.
Sharon arrived in California from Cleveland, Ohio, and started working at Rocketdyne. In only three months, Joe and Sharon married.
They have two daughters, Coreen and Kelly Culbreth; and two grandsons, Brad Bingham and Joe McGee. Also blessed with one great-grandson, Braxton Bingham.
They moved to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, in 1979. Joe continued working in the computer industry until retirement and now farms, and Sharon works in the real estate field.
They have many friends who have given them both lots of joy and memories and for that Sharon and Joe give a lot of gratitude for the friendship.
Park University’s Fairchild Air Force Base (Washington) Campus held its commencement ceremony on June 7, 2018, at the Base Theater. The university had 21 students eligible to participate in the ceremony.
• Cameron Jeffrey Davis, Magna Cum Laude, information and computer science/networking and security (Bachelor of Science), North Bend, Wash. (attended Post Falls Christian Academy)
• • •
Submit your milestones to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.