What began as a Zipís Drive-In in 1984 at 715 E. Sherman Ave. will return as Zipís in early May.
Chad and JoAnna Fowler will take over what his parents, Garry and Karin Fowler, started and have extensively remodeled the place. It will be the Fowler familyís ninth Zipís location and the 42nd with the Zipís brand.
With a dining room to sit 70 and a drive-through, Zipís offers hot-and-fresh burgers, bacon-burgers, hand-cut and breaded cod and fries, cream-pie milkshakes, chicken burgers and strips and homemade tartar and fry sauce. It will be the first Zipís to offer Zenergy drinks.
Hours will be 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 to 9 Sundays ó and late on July 4. They are hiring for all positions, check www.MyZips.team on Sherman. Phone 208-667-0678. Watch Facebook for the opening date, specials and features.
Fox Trailers building Pleasantview place
An 11,000-square-foot building is under construction on an 8-acre parcel at 646 N. Pleasantview between Seltice Way and Interstate 90.
At its present location at 6525 W. Seltice Way since 1999, owners Chad and Jennifer Fox offer Forest River, Logan Coach and Big Tex trailers for hauling heavy equipment, cars, ATVs, snowmobiles, golf carts, toys and landscaping. They manufacture flatbed utility trailers and repair trailers and sell parts.
The new place should open in July. The current place will remain as a shop. Hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays. Phone 208-773-6588. Check www.foxtrailers.com.
Knowhere Comics moves to Riverbend
Offering family board games, old and new comic books and a variety of coffees and sodas, Knowhere Comics Coffee & Games has moved from Tedder Center to 4069 W. Riverbend.
Offering a friendly, relaxed atmosphere to play games and read comics, owners Logan, Kirk and Luke Knight are joined by partners Brandt Starosta and Charles Radavich. Hours are 1 to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Phone 208-819-9381. Check knowhereccg on Facebook.
And now the Tidbits
• A new Fu-Ki Japanese Steakhouse is under construction where the Kynrede Cafe was at 8885 N. Government Way in Hayden. And a new Human Bean coffee place is under construction behind ICCU in Hayden.
• Medicine Man Pharmacy will open in the new Super 1 Foods store in Athol on May 7.
• Fast-food eateries ďfor saleĒ on Best-Appleway include 777 Pizza, Dairy Queen and Burger King. McDonaldís is being remodeled.
• New places coming in Riverbend Commerce Park (west side of Post Falls) include North Idaho Gun & Pawn, Cloud Vapor, Shooters Supply and Two Knights Home Brew.
• Incrediburger & Eggs will build a new place next to Firehouse Subs on Appleway. And Thomas Hammer Coffee will join the Firehouse Subs building. Idaho Central Credit Union will be across the street.
• New places downtown will be Live For Blu fine art at 505 E. Sherman and The NYC Piano Bar at 313 E. Sherman. Camera Corral will move in June from downtown to Harborview Plaza on Northwest Boulevard.
• Honey Co. restaurant will open in late May where The Cellar was downtown on Sherman. The Honey Eatery will be on the main floor, and the Honey Social Club will be below.
• Ellenbecker Eye Clinic will move this summer from 2140 Riverstone Drive to nearby 2020.
• Renovation is underway at the former Kellyís Pub building at 726 N. Fourth St. It will be a breakfast-lunch eatery called Ten/6. Pizza & Pretzels will open in Silver Lake Mall.
• Hotel news: The Shilo Inn is being remodeled on Appleway and will become a Comfort Suites with 138 rooms, an indoor pool and a meeting room for 50 people. Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone with a $10 million building permit.
• While in Mexico we saw Subways, McDonaldís and Starbucks everywhere. According to Google, the world has 44,329 Subways, 36,900 McDonaldís and 25,085 Starbucks.
• A commercial bathroom sign: ďLadies stay seated for the entire performance.Ē
• The annual Tubbs Hill volunteer cleanup is 9 a.m. to noon today. Trash bags and coffee are provided at the Third Street entrance by Harbor House at McEuen Park.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.