TWIN FALLS - South Central Public Health District (SCPHD) is accepting nominations for “Health Heroes.” Through this annual event, SCPHD seeks individuals or groups who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to promote health in the community by working to prevent disease, promote healthy lifestyles, and protect the health and environment of southern Idaho citizens from March 2017 through March 2018. This year, there are four nomination categories: youth, adult volunteer, adult professional, and group/organization/business.
The nomination must include a brief description explaining why the nominee deserves the Health Heroes Award. Examples of qualifying activities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Promoting a healthy lifestyle through activities at schools, churches, and places of work
• Activities that help reduce suicides
• Promoting physical activity
• Activities that reduce obesity
• Preparing a community for a disaster
• Decreasing workplace injuries
• Promoting policies that led to healthy outcomes
Nominees must be residents of or do business in Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka or Twin Falls counties. Nominations are due by April 1, 2018. You can nominate your Health Heroes online at http://phd5.idaho.gov/HealthHero or pick up the form at any SCPHD office.