When I have patients that need hearing aids but reject the idea of getting them I remind them of the value and benefits of hearing aids and assistive devices:
• Improve your relationships (hear your spouse, family and friends better) they want you to hear them
• Reduce stress
• Improve your self-concept
• Make you feel better about yourself and the world
• Give you confidence
• Improve your social life
• Improve your mental function and environmental vigilance
• Reduce hearing related paranoia and depression
• Overall “Quality of Life” will be greatly improved
Remember — Silence is not Golden, it is Lonely!
Don’t forget that there are many assistive listening devices to help with other hearing difficulties. Some devices can help you hear the TV, phone, doorbells etc. if you still have difficulty even though you have properly fit hearing aids. These devices are wonderful tools to help you get the most out of your life.
• • •
Dr. Tia Flynn is a certified audiologist and has been in business for more than 17 years.
Every Tuesday morning from 9 a.m. to noon, Dr. Flynn provides free hearing screenings at 1601 Third St. in Coeur d’Alene. (208) 664-2767. Visit our newly updated website www.affordablehearinginc.com for an online hearing test and watch helpful videos.