The ribbon cutting for the new branch of Idaho Central Credit Union will be Thursday at 8760 N. Government Way (at Honeysuckle) in Hayden.
The 4,936-square-foot location includes a drive-through with two lanes and an ATM. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. Michael Wolsten is the assistant vice president and has seven employees.
ICCU is full service, federally insured and has 30 locations. It was chartered in 1940 and has more than 800 employees, 255,000 members and $2.8 billion in assets. Phone 667-7722. Check www.iccu.com.
opens in Plaza Shops downtown
A winery tasting room with products from the Pacific Northwest is provided by Castaway Cellars, which celebrates its grand opening Saturday in the Plaza Shops downtown.
“We offer well crafted, quality wines and a friendly tasting room where people can learn about vineyards and the process of winemaking,” said Shelly Crawford, owner with her husband Scott. “We have been hobby winemakers for several years and make our wines in the Smasne Cellars in Prosser, Wash. We plan to have wine tasting classes also. Our goal is to move the production to Coeur d’Alene.”
Hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Phone 819-1296. Check www.castawaycellars.com.
Overstocked Mattresses, Furniture opens at PSC
High-end and overstocked furniture and mattresses from big department stores are offered at Overstocked Mattresses & Furniture. The new outlet opened last week in the former Hancock Fabrics location (Suite 335) on the west wing of Prairie Shopping Center.
“We offer name-brand items at 50 to 90 percent off retail prices,” said owner Nathan Chetrit. “We always go the extra mile to ensure our customers are thrilled with the value and service.” The company also has stores in Spokane and Missoula.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Manager is Jason Kann. Phone 758-0941. Check www.cdaoverstock.com.
Big Dan’s Nutrition
also opens at PSC
High quality sports supplements at the lowest prices and fast delivery times are the claims of Big Dan’s Nutrition now open in Suite 101 in Prairie Shopping Center. The store moved from a location beside Hayden’s Northwest Pizza.
“You can come to the store and try the product before you buy it,” said owner Dan Moore. “We do custom nutrition and exercise plans for every goal and lifestyle. Our goal and marketing technique is to make our clients transform in a matter of months.”
Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays, 11 to 7 pm. Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays. The company has six stores in the Inland Northwest. Phone 816-8396. Check www.bigdansfitness.com.
adds new location
Providing hard-to-find and most innovative sports nutrition and weight-loss products, Patriot Supplements has opened a new store at 8142 Government Way (northeast corner with Prairie Avenue) in Hayden.
Opening this week, the store provides products that athletes require to get the most our of their training, said owner Dan Webb. He also has the store in the Crossroads Center at Ramsey Road and Appleway. The store also sells popular herbs and vitamins from Solaray.
“We’re the local leader in supporting local athletes, supporting 17 in strength and cycling events,” Webb said.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Phone 667-15667. Check www.patriotsupplements.com.
opens Hayden office
Permanent makeup services are provided by Christina Caan in a new office in the Hayden West Professional Building at 1130 W. Hayden Ave.
Services include microbladed brows, permanent eyeliner, scalp micro pigmentation and lip color. Caan was trained at the Elite Permanent Makeup School in Los Angeles where her trainer was on “The Doctors” TV show. She has health certifications.
For an appointment phone 691-6697 or 661-0591. Follow Caan on Facebook.
Now for the Tidbits
• Gizmo-CDA will be moving from Fourth Street to North Idaho College. Openings coming on Fourth Street include a real estate office, the Relic Moon offering piercing and body jewelry and the White Pine coffee place. Highland Dance Studio, a nail salon, Encore Shoes and a Solutions People call center are coming to Silver Lake Mall.
• Post Falls openings in the next weeks include Popeye’s and Riverstone Dental Care. Philly Express will be on Northwest Boulevard, and Fast Cash 4 Cards and Massage Envy businesses will be in Ironwood Square. A new Asian eatery will be where the Kynrede Cafe was removed in Hayden.
• Hollywood Revolver is open off Seltice Way. Aspen Dental will be on Ironwood-Highway 95, El Taco Loco off Canfield Ave., EyeGuys Optical in Hayden, Rumour Boutique expanding on Government Way and Vine & Olive in Riverstone.
• On Appleway watch for Chinatown Restaurant (where Dragon House was), Firehouse Subs and Dairy Queen. Fuel Fitness & Nutrition has a new building at Haycraft and Government Way, and J.E. Design-Build, Northwest Insurance Associates, Shine Salon and Surf My Ad software company are in a new building at 724 E. Lakeside. Shilo Inn on Appleway will change to Comfort Suites after a major remodel.
• ”Affect” means to influence as “The game will affect the standings.” “Effect” as a verb means to cause as “He will effect many company changes.” “Effect” the noun is a result as “He calculated the effect of his actions.”
• A thief thought his take in a convenience store was too small so he tied up the clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours. Then the police grabbed him.
• The west-bound vehicle aquatic check stand on Interstate 90 misses all the watercraft that heads south on Highway 3 a mile earlier.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.