Bud and Evie Oakland
Bud and Evie Oakland will celebrate 70 years of marriage on Aug. 22, 2017. They were married in the Evangelical United Brethren Church in Worthington, Minn., on Aug. 22, 1947.
In 1951, they moved to Coeur d’Alene. They are the parents of Charles (Linda) Oakland and Rebecca (Ken) Clegg; grandparents of Chad (Niki) Oakland; great-grandchildren Brady, Cooper, Miller and Tatum Oakland. Their granddaughter, Corryn Oakland lives in Boise.
Bud retired from Allstate Ins. in 1987.
No special celebration is planned.
Robert and Marilyn Sell
Mr. and Mrs. Robert Sell of Post Falls, celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary on Aug. 3, 2017, at Elkins Resort on Priest Lake with family. They were married in Sandpoint on Aug. 3, 1952, and honeymooned at Priest Lake Granite Creek Resort, which is close to Elkins.
Marilyn and Bob have four children, Kevin (Lori) of Spokane, Jolene Sell (Howard Barnes) of Battle Ground, Wash., Jeri Garwood (Bob) of Glendale, Ariz., and Kelly Kirschner (Dan) of Portland, Ore. They have 10 grandchildren and two great-granddaughters.
U.S. Air Force Airman Seth N. Ruane graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training also earn four credits toward an Associate in Applied Science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Ruane is the son of Amy L. and step-son of Bill M. Clark of Hayden.
He is a 2016 graduate of Coeur d’Alene High School, Coeur d’Alene.
• • •
Submit your milestones to email@example.com or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.