A new Staybridge Suites hotel is proposed for the vacant 1.73 acres between McDonald’s and Starbucks in Riverstone.
The 82,380-square-foot building would have 96 suites on five floors, some with views of the Spokane River. The project would include an indoor swimming pool and 72 on-site parking stalls. Starting next spring, the estimated construction cost is about $9 million.
Staybridge is one of 12 hotel companies associated with InterContinental Hotels Group, which has 744,000 rooms globally.
A city review for the project will be 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 28, in the library community room.
San Fran Sourdough
As many as 100 new locations in the next five years are anticipated by Coeur d’Alene-based San Francisco Style Sourdough Eatery. The company is opening a new headquarters office at 250 Northwest Blvd.
Offering deli-style sandwiches, salads and soups, the company now has 10 outlets including downtown, Riverstone, Hayden and Rathdrum. Anticipated growth is with convenience stores and travel plazas in Washington, California and Arizona. A new place just opened in Moses Lake.
Hours in the new offices are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 640-3066. Check www.sfsourdougheatery.com.
Kayak Cd’A moves
Motivated by growth in the past three years, Kayak Coeur d’Alene has moved after 14 years on Locust Avenue to 311 Coeur d’Alene Ave. downtown.
The three-times-larger location will enhance growth with new brands and products including car racks, kayak trailers, storage racks and hoists. The company offers sales and rentals of recreational, touring and fishing kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and gear.
“It’s also much closer to the water for our renters,” said owner Chip Dalvini.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 10 to 4 Saturdays with expansion in the summer. Phone 676-1533. Check www.kayakcda.com.
Pool World opens
The new building for Pool World has opened at 745 W. Appleway. Moving from Sunset Avenue, the business offers swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas, grills and more.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and until 5 p.m. Sundays. Phone 765-5220. Check www.poolworld.biz or www.cdahottubs.com. Pool World also has three outlets in Spokane.
New Clarisse Studio
at Fourth and Reid
Offering organic skincare and cosmetics, Clarisse Beauty & Skin Studio has opened at 405 Reid Ave. (behind the former Kelly’s Irish Pub just east of Fourth Street).
Owner Clara Rainey offers free skin analysis and consultation and foundation matching. The studio offers makeovers and eyelash and eyebrow tinting.
Hours are noon to 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday and Mondays and Tuesdays by appointment. Phone 512-3755. Check www. studioclarisse.com.
closes March 31
Open since the 1960s, the Radio Shack business at 101 E. Appleway will close at the end of the month.
The closing-business sale is 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 to 5 Sundays. Phone 765-5203. Check www.radioshack.com.
Now for the Tidbits
• Watch for some changes in the Resort Plaza Shops. And Sotheby’s Realty will move into the neighboring former art gallery downtown.
• The headquarters of Gunder Construction will move into new offices it is building at 1525 Northwest Blvd. Owners are Kevin Gunder and Shawn Smith.
• The Emerald Cleaners building at Fourth and Montana Ave. will be a new Midtown pub. And a real estate business will be in the southern portion near the Bluebird restaurant.
• The Ugly Fish restaurant in Riverstone will be replaced with another Asian eatery called Umami Ramen. Watch for Kitchen CDA in the Silver Lake Mall food court. Spies say other stores are coming into the mall also. Taco Loco will be where Valentino’s Pizza was off Canfield Avenue. A Cash & Carry store will be behind Wendy’s off Appleway.
• In Hayden, an Asian eatery will be where Kynrede Cafe was on Government Way. A major development called The Crossroads is proposed for Athol. Watch for details. We anticipate a Super 1, a bank, coffee shop, a motel, a gas station-convenience store, a restaurant and others.
• Downtown — Watch for Rustic Restaurant at 309 Sherman (next to Clark’s Jewelry).
• Domino’s Pizza is moving to a new place in Post Falls. New places coming to Tedder Business Center (formerly the Post Falls Outlet Mall) north building will include Black-Ops Self Defense, Knowhere Comics, Coffee & Games, SNR Costume Rental, The Coffee House and My Big Fat Greek Deli.
• Closing businesses this month are Johannes Jewelry and the Sports Cellar downtown, Little Mo’s Optical at 1720 Lincoln Way and Vanity in Silver Lake Mall.
• Sign at an optometrist’s office: “If you don’t see what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.”
• Great job on removing litter along Highway 95 north. I-90 sure needs help with that.
• Watch the spelling on “judgment.”
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.